Mystery Dad lives in Sydney, Australia with his emotionally intelligent wife, his two emotionally intelligent kids and the head of the household, his neurotic dog. MD and his wife grew up in England but immigrated to Sydney's golden beaches five years ago. Despite his protestation to the contrary, most people who know him vouch for his talent as a soccer player and he really does still play today. MD is the perfect contributor to Sportsocratic because, unlike many other supposed sports-lovers and experts, he can discuss most sports thoughtfully and intelligently. MD works in his own creative business.
- Kahanamoku – Australia’s first surfer? Nah! - July 13, 2023
- Socrates and the cranky coach… - August 17, 2022
- Sport made fun for all – Urban Rec - June 2, 2022
- How working with horses changes young lives - March 29, 2022
- Surfer philosophy – Let no wave be unridden, no flip-flop unworn! - October 8, 2021
Tim Edwards has had a completely rubbish sporting career so it is odd that he seems so obsessed with sport and adventuring. As a basketball shooting guard he had an okay jump shot but couldn't do anything else. As a rugby hooker he spent more time puking then actually playing. As a runner he won an awful lot of consolation prize chocolates for coming fourth but almost never won a ribbon. Despite his inadequacies he still loves sport and has opinions on almost any sporting subject. Tim has spent large parts of his working life in publishing and writing roles and has even done his share of teaching sport management to Uni students. He has coached more sports teams than he cares to remember. Tim is an awful surfer and skier but his lack of competence does not bother him one little bit!
- Sumo - September 14, 2018
- What great sports writing does. - July 24, 2018
- Cheers for the English team at the World Cup – not! Well… not from this little black duck. - July 9, 2018
- Playing the game in the right spirit (whatever that means) – the fine art of cheating at cricket - June 27, 2018
- Confessions of an addicted mungo – my love for League (and the Rabbitohs) - June 20, 2018
- Yoga for colds, coughs, sore throats and snuffles – Guru Jack talks Ki therapy for snuffling sports stars. - February 9, 2017
- Yoga for sport… and spirit! - October 22, 2016
"Guru Jack" Marshall of Zen Renaissance Healing developed Ki Yoga from the Oki-do Foundation.
Tim Willcox is not a freelance writer and will never be one. Prior to not being a freelance writer he has held senior management positions in small business ventures, global corporates both privately and publicly owned, as well as government instrumentalities. He never played with Socrates but did play with his brother who usually was out bludging on the blind. Never interested in the normal pathways he found out why the less travelled road is less travelled for a reason, and has continued to have passion for all things that equate to part time work and has leveraged off an Asian Expat bar fly existence to great effect.